Subject: For information: Updates from ECDC’s ARHAI Section
From: "ARHAI" <[email-masked]>
To: "Julia Weber" <[email-masked]>, "Reinhild Strauss" <[email-masked]>, "Julia Weber" <[email-masked]>, "Reinhild Strauss" <[email-masked]>, "Julia Weber" <[email-masked]>, "Reinhild Strauss" <[email-masked]>, "Boudewijn.Catry" <[email-masked]>, "Lucy.Catteau" <[email-masked]>, "katrien.latour" <[email-masked]>, "Lucy.Catteau" <[email-masked]>, "Boudewijn.Catry" <
Cc: "NC_CCB_Austria" <[email-masked]>, "sigrid.kiermayr" <[email-masked]>, "koen.blot" <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, "Zhivka Getsova" <[email-masked]>, "Iva Christova" <[email-masked]>, "kcapak" <[email-masked]>, "bernard.kaic" <[email-masked]>, "Elisavet Constantinou" <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>,Hana Orlíková <[email-masked]>,Kamilla Grønborg Laut <[email-masked]>, "Stine Ulendorf Jacobsen" <[email-masked]>,Kärt Sõber <[email-masked]>, "TA Info" <[email-masked]>, "Hanna Sepp" <
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2024 15:43:34 +0300

Tähelepanu! Tegemist on väljastpoolt asutust saabunud kirjaga. Tundmatu 
saatja korral palume linke ja faile mitte avada.

ECDC NORMAL

To: National Focal Points (NFPs) for Antimicrobial Resistance, NFPs for 
Antimicrobial Consumption and NFPs for Healthcare-associated Infections

CC: National coordinators (Coordinating Competent Bodies)

Updates from the ECDC ARHAI Section
EARS-Net, ESAC-Net, HAI-Net, EURGen-Net

June 2024

Introduction

Dear colleagues,

We hope this email finds you well. This e-mail is to provide you with the 
latest information about activities, events and resources relevant for the 
ARHAI networks (EARS-Net, ESAC-Net, HAI-Net, EURGen-Net) that may be of 
interest to you. Please do not hesitate to disseminate this information 
further to colleagues in your countries.

Updates from ECDC

• After 7 years as Director of the ECDC, Dr Andrea Ammon’s mandate ended on 
15 June 2024.
On 17 June, Dr Pamela Rendi-Wagner took up her post as Director of ECDC.
Please  <https://www.ecdc.europa.eu/en/about-us/who-we-are/director-ecdc> 
see here for more information.

• On 6 May, ECDC published:

• the 
<https://www.ecdc.europa.eu/en/publications-data/PPS-HAI-AMR-acute-care-europe-2022-2023> 
point prevalence survey of healthcare-associated infections and 
antimicrobial use in European acute care hospitals 2022-2023 report;

• Information materials (infographics, country sheets, press release) to 
raise awareness about healthcare-associated infections and importance of 
hand hygiene.
These materials can be found 
<https://www.ecdc.europa.eu/en/news-events/world-hand-hygiene-day-2024> 
here.

• ECDC also published:

• the 
<https://www.ecdc.europa.eu/en/publications-data/clostridioides-difficile-infections-annual-epidemiological-report-2018-2020> 
Clostridioides difficile infections Annual Epidemiological Report for 
2018-2020.

• the 
<https://www.ecdc.europa.eu/en/publications-data/survey-protocol-whole-genome-sequencing-clostridioides-difficile-isolates> 
survey protocol for whole genome sequencing of Clostridioides difficile 
isolates from tertiary acute care hospitals, EU/EEA, 2022-2023.

• Planning for European Antibiotic Awareness Day (EAAD) 2024 is ongoing. 
This year, the focus of EAAD will be antimicrobial resistance and infection 
prevention and control (IPC) indicators in European hospitals. ECDC will 
provide the regular media toolkit with updated key messages and materials 
around the third week of October and release the latest data on AMR and 
antimicrobial consumption during a press conference on 18 November. ECDC 
will continue collaborating with social media ambassadors across EU/EEA 
countries and organise an online event also on 18 November.

ECDC will also develop new patient stories this year. If you have any 
patient story that you would like to highlight from your countries, please 
contact Andrea Nilsson at  <mailto:[email-masked]> 
[email-masked].

• The fourth joint inter-agency report on integrated analysis of 
antimicrobial consumption (AMC) and the occurrence of antimicrobial 
resistance (AMR) in bacteria from humans and food-producing animals (JIACRA) 
was published on 21 February 2024 and can be accessed 
<https://www.ecdc.europa.eu/en/publications-data/antimicrobial-consumption-and-resistance-bacteria-humans-and-food-producing> 
here.

• This year, the European Scientific Conference on Applied Infectious 
Disease Epidemiology (ESCAIDE) will be held in Stockholm and online on 20 – 
22 November 2024. Attending ESCAIDE 2024 will be free of charge for all 
participants, whether they attend in-person (in Stockholm) or online. For 
more information about important dates, please visit the 
<https://www.escaide.eu/en> ESCAIDE website.

Updates on behalf of ECDC stakeholders

• United Nations Foundation is inviting to join the AMR Communications 
Coordination Hub (AMR-CC Hub), a strategic communications coordination 
mechanism convened by the UN Foundation and funded by Wellcome. The Hub is a 
time-bound effort to maximize communications activities around the 
High-Level Meeting (HLM) on AMR at UNGA 2024, and aims to support the work 
of current initiatives, including the Multi-Stakeholder Partnership 
Platform.

In the months leading up to the AMR-HLM, they will share regular updates, 
resources, and engagement opportunities through the Hub to coordinate and 
maximize communications and messaging efforts. To start, they are sharing 
some key resources below.

*	AMR Communications and Advocacy Efforts:

*	Calls to Action 
<https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1rmjOHaPSTg-STs8Javp5Cge7PhNKaPW3?usp=share_link> 
here: key asks and calls to action published in recent months, which outline 
priorities from the AMR expert community ahead of the AMR-HLM.

*	AMR Events:

*	Submit your AMR related events 
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSe1GFwOG1z_wgA2fXnavW3bbT3EaAHHWgS8yUSns9ksrJbzxw/viewform?usp=share_link> 
here: AMR-related events, virtual meetings, and engagement opportunities 
from now through September will be gathered and shared.

*	New York Process:

*	Zero Draft Political Declaration 
<https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NAKWVo5ZmUXq5d31z98UwyJPZ08uF_9F/view?usp=share_link> 
here: The Zero Draft was published on May 20 and is being negotiated by 
Member States throughout the summer.
*	Apply now for special accreditation to attend the AMR-HLM 
<https://indico.un.org/event/1012095/> here: For organizations that do not 
hold ECOSOC status with the United Nations, this is the first step to 
register to attend the AMR-HLM in September. Deadline to register is 28 June 
2024.

The AMR-CC Hub works best with email addresses linked to a Google account. 
If you are joining from a Google-associated email, please click this 
<https://groups.google.com/u/0/g/AMR-CC_Hub> link then click Ask to Join 
Group. If you need help associating your existing email with a Google 
account, please follow the instructions 
<https://support.google.com/groups/answer/1067205?hl=en#:~:text=If%20you%20don't%20have,without%20changing%20your%20email%20address> 
here.

If you have questions or need more information, please contact 
<mailto:[email-masked]> [email-masked].

Data calls

• EARS-Net - the data call is ongoing. The deadline to report 2023 EARS-Net 
data is Monday 1 July 2024. All data must be reported and approved in 
EpiPulse by this date. Validation of submitted data will be performed during 
July and until 15 August. On Friday 16 August 2024 the database will be 
frozen for analysis. All data corrections must be completed before this 
date, and only data available in EpiPulse at this date will be included in 
the ECDC analyses.

• ESAC-Net - the data call is ongoing. The deadline to report 2023 ESAC-Net 
data to TESSy is Monday 1 July 24. Please email 
<mailto:[email-masked]> [email-masked] in case of any 
comments or any concerns for meeting this deadline.

• HAI-Net:

*	Clostridioides difficile infections (HAI-Net CDI): collection of 2022 data 
will remain opened until 30 November 2024;
*	Surgical site infections (HAI-Net SSI): collection of 2022 data will 
remain opened
until 30 November 2024;
*	Healthcare-associated infections in intensive care units (HAI-Net ICU): 
collection of 2022 data will remain opened until 30 November 2024.

Upcoming meetings

• 11-12 September 2024: First annual meeting on eHealth-based surveillance.

• 25-26 September 2024 (tbc): HAI-Net DNCC virtual meeting.

• 25-26 September 2024: EURGen-Net network virtual meeting.

• 5–15 November 2024: Online training course “Control of multidrug-resistant 
micro-organisms in healthcare settings”. The course will be delivered online 
over four half days on 5, 8, 12, and 15 November.

• 18 November 2024: European Antibiotic Awareness Day (EAAD),
in partnership with World AMR Awareness Week (WAAW, 18-24 November 2023).

• EAAD press conference. Release of 2023 data on AMR and antimicrobial 
consumption.

• EAAD online event.

• 11-12 December 2024: ESAC-Net network meeting, Stockholm.

Best regards,

The ECDC Antimicrobial Resistance and Healthcare-Associated Infections 
(ARHAI) Section

European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control (ECDC)Gustav III:s boulevard 40, 169 73 Solna, Sweden

Phone +46 (0)8 58 60 10 00

 <https://www.ecdc.europa.eu/> www.ecdc.europa.eu

Follow ECDC on:

 <http://www.facebook.com/ECDC.EU>

 <http://twitter.com/ecdc_eu>

 <http://www.linkedin.com/company/ecdc>

 <http://www.youtube.com/user/ECDCchannel>

Confidentiality Notice
If you are not the intended recipient of this message, you are hereby kindly 
requested, to, consecutively, refrain from disclosing its content to any 
third party, delete it and inform its sender of the erroneous transmittal.